Godox have released the much anticipated XPro, TTL and HSS enabled radio transmitter for their 2.4Ghz flash system.
With a large clear dot matrix LCD screen displaying all 5 groups simultaneously, as well as 5 individual group buttons, the XPro’s interface now provides a huge improvement over the previous X1T transmitters.
The XPro transmitter will fire and control all of the lights in the Godox X / Flashpoint R2 – 2.4GHz Radio System. Providing full TTL and Remote Manual power control for 5 Groups of lights, including HSS.
- Large Dot Matrix LCD Screen – Displaying 5 Groups
- 5 Dedicated Group Buttons
- Magnify Display – Displays One Group Larger, with More Details
- TCM Function – TTL-Convert-Manual
- Flash Head Zoom Control – By Group
- Modelling Light Control – By Group (On /Off)
- ALL Button – Adjust All Groups Together
- Large Graphic Menu System – With Multiple Custom Functions
- Type-C USB Port – For Firmware Updates
- Wireless ID – 01-99
- 0.1 Stop Manual Power Adjustment (Now Added)
- TTL & HSS
- 5 Groups Mixed TTL & Manual
- 16 Manual Groups
- TCM Function
- Focus Assist Light
- 100M Range
- No Bluetooth Built-in (For APP Control)
- No Hi-Sync Mode (Does have regular HSS)
- No Double Tap Groups On & Off
- No Backlit Buttons
The XPro transmitter now provides the ability to work with up to 5 groups of lights A-B-C-D-E, in a mixed environment where TTL and Manual groups can be used together. And individual groups can now be easily switched On and Off.
NOTE – Pre-2012 Canon cameras only allow TTL in groups A, B, & C. Groups D & E are manual only.
As well as the option of controlling up to 16 Groups in Manual mode (A-F & 0-9), corresponding with the older XTR-16/s style radio receivers.
With dedicated individual group buttons, adjusting each group is now very fast and simple compared to the previous X1T transmitters.
And for people who may prefer a single group style display, at the press of the Magnify Button the XPro transmitter also provides the option of switching back and forth from Multiple Group Display to a larger Single Group Display showing more details.
- Godox X / Flashpoint R2 2.4GHz RF Radio System
- Range – 100m +
- Flash Modes – ETTL / M / Multi
- TCM – TTL–Convert–Manual
- HSS to 1/8000th
- Second Curtain Sync
- FEC / FEB – 1/3rd Increments (±3 Stops)
- FEL (Flash Exposure Lock)
- Manual Flash – 1/256 – 1/1 Output (1/10th Increments)
- ALL Group Power Adjustment
- Remote Flash Zoom by Group
- Remote Modeling Light Control
- Group Style Mode – A / B / C / D / E (5 Groups)
- Manual Mode – A–F & 0–9 (16 Groups)
- 32 Channels
- Wireless ID 01-99
- Compatible with Godox X & Flashpoint R2 2.4GHz Radio System
- Large Dot Matrix LCD Display with Adjustable Back Light
- Magnify Display – Displays One Group Larger with Details
- Modeling flash
- Auto Memory Function
- AF Assist light (With an On/Off Switch)
- Wireless Shutter Release
- Type-C USB Port for Firmware Upgrades
- 2.5mm Sync Port – Input & Output
- Powered by 2 AA Batteries
Another significant feature introduced with the XPro transmitters is the new TCM function.
TCM stands for: TLL–Convert–Manual.
With TCM its now possible to take a shot in TTL mode to attain an initial exposure very quickly, and then with the press of a button convert those TTL power levels to now display on the transmitter as Manual power level settings.
The TCM function is potentially a very big advantage for people operating in a fast paced environment, allowing a base setting to be gained very quickly without manually metering lights. Switching to Manual the individual power levels can then be refined as needed, and exposures remain constant for subsequent images.
ZOOM CONTROL & MENU
Other new features include a flash Zoom control screen, now allowing each group to be set individually.
As well as a large new graphic Custom Function Menu (see the full C.Fn list here).
The Xpro transmitters have now updated to the USB-C style port for firmware updates.
And once again provide a 2.5mm sync port.
AF ASSIST LIGHT
The XPro transmitters again feature a built-in AF Assist light. Currently using the same light pattern as the previous X1T transmitters.
And again a regular screw locking foot is used. And power is via 2 regular AA batteries.
The AF Assist light has its own dedicated switch, alongside the main Power switch.
|Compatible Cameras||Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fujifilm, Olympus/Panasonic, Pentax|
|Power supply||2 * AA batteries|
|Flash Exposure Control|
|Flash exposure compensation||±3EV (exposure value), adjustable in 0.1 EV increment|
|Flash exposure lock||Yes|
|Modeling lamp flash||Control the flash modeling lamp by flash trigger|
|Beeper||Control the Beeper by flash trigger|
|Wireless Shutter||Receiver end can release camera shutter (2.5mm jack)|
|ZOOM setting||Adjust the ZOOM value by the transmitter|
|TCM function||Transform TTL shooting value into an output value in M mode|
|Firmware upgrade||Upgrade through Type-C USB port|
|Memory function||Settings stored 2 seconds after last operation & recover after restart|
|Display||LCD panel, backlighting ON or OFF|
|Transmission range (approx.)||0-100m|
|Group||5 mixed / 16 manual|
|2.4G Wireless Frequency Range||2413.0MHz-2464.5MHz|
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
GODOX XPro TTL Transmitter –
Canon – Amazon – UK – B&H Photo – Ebay
Nikon – Amazon – UK – B&H Photo – Ebay
Sony – Amazon – UK – B&H Photo – Ebay
M4/3 – Amazon – UK – B&H Photo – Ebay
Fujifilm – Amazon – UK – B&H Photo – Ebay
Pentax – Amazon – UK – B&H Photo – Ebay
Godox – Website / Firmware
Disclosure Statement – The links above, and links within the post, may contain affiliate links or promotions. These do not cost readers anything and help to keep this website alive. Many thanks for your support.