Profoto have released the B10X and B10X Plus compact cordless TTL and HSS enable flashes, with the Plus version offering twice the flash output at 500Ws.
The B10X / B10X Plus build upon the original B10 / B10 Plus, now featuring a higher output LED light, increased from 2500 Lumens to 3250 Lumens.
As well as faster recycle times, reduced from 2 seconds down to 1.3 seconds at full power for the B10X, and 2.2 seconds for the B10X Plus.
Again the B10X / Plus feature a variable color LED light, and built-in Bluetooth connectivity, providing remote control via smart device and the new Profoto APP.
As well as an AC battery charger which can be charging while the light is in use.
The compact 250Ws B10X provides the light output of a number of speedlights combined, and allows up to 400 full power shots per battery charge. While the 500Ws B10X Plus offers 200 shots per charge.
The B10X’s 3250 Lumen LED light is color temperature adjustable, from 3000K to 6500K. Providing up to 75 minutes of full power run time per battery charge.
And Profoto are again marketing the B10X’s LED light as video light, not just a modelling light.
On the flash side, the B10X features TTL, HSS, and a 10 stop manual power range, from 1/1 to 1/512. Adjustable in 0.1 stop increments.
As well as a Freeze mode providing short flash durations down to 1/14,000s t.1 (1/42,000s t.5).
6 flash Groups are provided: A / B / C / D / E / F.
And TTL and HSS enabled Profoto Air Remote radio transmitter units are now available for Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fuji, and Olympus, cameras systems.
Profoto A10 speedlights also provide a transmitter function for wedding and event photographers requiring a flash mounted on the camera.
At just 17.5cm long, and weighing 1.5kg, including battery and swivel mount, the B10X are a fraction of the size and weight of the their original big brother B1X 500 AirTTL. And even the B10X Plus are also still considerably more compact.
Most importantly the B10X / Plus are directly compatible with all of Profoto’s 120 full size light shaping tools, as well as the lightweight dedicated OCF (Off Camera Flash) modifiers.
- 250Ws / 500Ws
- B10X – F-stop @ 2m / 100 ISO – F11.9 (F22.7 with OCF Magnum Reflector)
- B10X PLUS – F-stop @ 2m / 100 ISO – F16.7 (F32.7 with OCF Magnum Reflector)
- Fan Cooled
- LED Light – Adjustable Bi-Color 3250 Lumen (aprox 195W Halogen)
- LED Color – 3000K to 6500K (+-500K), CRI: 90 – 96
- LED Control – Off, Proportional, Manual (10-100%)
- Profoto Accessory Mount
- Built in (removable) 14.4V / 3000mAh (43.2Wh) Lithium-ion Battery
- Up to 400 / 200 Full Power Flashes Per Battery Charge
- B10X – 0.05 – 1.3 Seconds Recycle Time
- B10X PLUS – 0.05 – 2.2 Seconds Recycle Time
- 0.2 Stop Energy Stability
- Flash Modes – TTL / M / Multi
- HSS to 1/8000th (full power range)
- Second Curtain Sync
- FEC / FEB
- FEL (Flash Exposure Lock)
- Hybrid TTL (Meter Quickly in TTL, Then Adjust in Manual Mode)
- Manual Flash – 1/512 – 1/1 Output (0.1 Stop Increments)
- Profoto 2.4GHz AirTTL Radio System
- Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fuji, Olympus, Leica, Radio Slave Modes
- Range – 300m Manual, 100m TTL
- Groups – A / B / C / D / E / F
- 8 Channels
- Optic Slave Mode
- Large OLED LCD Display
- Custom Functions
- Auto Memory Function
- USB-C Port for Firmware Upgrades
- B10X –
- Flash Duration Normal Mode (t0.1) – 1/4,900s – 1/400s (250Ws)
- Flash Duration Normal Mode (t0.5) – 1/7,000s – 1/13,000s (250Ws)
- Flash Duration Freeze Mode (t0.1) – 1/14,000s – 1/400s (250Ws)
- Flash Duration Freeze Mode (t0.5) – 1/42,000s – 1/1,300s (250Ws)
- B10X PLUS –
- Flash Duration Normal Mode (t0.1) – 1/4,100s – 1/390s (500Ws)
- Flash Duration Normal Mode (t0.5) – 1/6,000s – 1/1,200s (500Ws)
- Flash Duration Freeze Mode (t0.1) – 1/14,000s – 1/400s (500Ws)
- Flash Duration Freeze Mode (t0.5) – 1/35,000s – 1/1,200s (500Ws)
- B10X –
- Size – L 17.5cm x W 11cm (6.9” x 4.3”)
- Weight – 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs) Including Battery & Mount
- B10X PLUS –
- Size – L 23.5cm x W 11cm (9.3” x 4.3”)
- Weight – 1.9 kg (4.2 lbs) Including Battery & Mount
Once again the B10X / Plus feature a recessed flash tube, providing a built-in reflector with protective glass cover.
The built in reflector making for easy use with optional Profoto OCF gels and grids.
CHARGER / AC POWER ADAPTER
New to the OCF range of lights is the B10 and B10X / Plus’s ability to recharge while the light is in use, effectively providing an AC / DC power option for the light.
And the battery charger is designed to strap neatly to the light stand below the light.
The B10X / Plus’s battery will recharge fully in 90 minutes, or to 80% in 60 minutes (while not in use). And provides up to 400 full power flashes, or 75 minutes continuous LED light at full power.
Another significant new feature and addition to the Profoto system is the new Profoto APP, and Bluetooth connectivity built directly into the B10 and B10X / Plus lights.
The APP provides full control of the Profoto Lights, including color temperature control with the B10’s new adjustable LED light.
Current flash power levels are also displayed live on the APP interface, and flash firmware updates can now be made through the APP and Blutetooth connection.
The APP also allows your smartphone to act as camera while using Profoto lights.
One unusual omission from the B10X / Plus is any from of Sync port (leave your backup manual radio triggers etc at home).
Though there is at least a basic optic slave unit included.
A Type-C USB port is included for firmware updates.
The B10X and B10X Plus are available in Single or Duo kits.
With the Duo Kit including a nicely designed backpack (valued at $277 when purchased separately).
The Profoto Core S Backpack has been nicely designed with careful consideration to carry 2 B10X / Plus lights, as well as camera gear and a 15″ laptop.
Also featuring built-in expansion with roll top, and external straps for mounting compact light stands and tripods etc.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The Profoto B10X and B10X Duo Kits, are available now from $1995 –
Profoto – Website
Disclosure Statement – The links above, and links within the post, may contain affiliate links or promotions. These do not cost readers anything and help to keep this website alive. Many thanks for your support.